When you use the GeoPain app or website you voluntarily share information with us that we may then store and use. Among the types of information we may collect are:
Contact Details such as your email address or phone number.
Personal Demographics such as your name, date of birth, gender and zip code.
Health Information such as the location and intensity of your pain symptoms, the impact of pain on your daily activities, your medication use, and other health management details.
Product Feedback such as your rating or comments regarding our software apps.
Transaction History such as records of your purchases of premium features or services on our website or through our apps.
We also collect basic information about how you access our software and website, including:
Usage Data such as the amount of time you interact with screens in the app and pages on the website, and the frequency with which you use different software features.
Browser Details such as the IP address you used to access our website and the dates and times of your visits to our website. We do not track your activity on other websites.
Device Details such as the brand and model of your smartphone or tablet on which you use our apps. We do not track other information on your mobile device such as your location, your contacts, your interactions with other apps, or your messaging activity.
We use the information we collect to provide services to you, to support our business activities and to improve our products and services. As part of these activities we may use your information to:
- Provide you with analysis of your data to help you manage your health, such as trended reports of how your pain has changed over time.
- Provide technical product support, such as updates to software apps and notices of service changes.
- Share your information with individuals and organizations of your choosing, such as your doctor, other healthcare providers, your family members, or support organizations, at your specific direction from within our software.
- Analyze your use of our software in order to improve our products and services
- Offer you additional information about our products and services.
- Create health databases for research purposes. Health databases do not include your contact information or personal demographics and contain only de-identified health information for aggregate analysis of populations.
For certain uses of your information will ask your permission first. Only if you choose to “opt in”, we may also use your information for these additional purposes:
- Send you tailored, relevant information from our sponsors or business partners, based on your personal information.
- Share your contact details and personal demographics with selected sponsors or business partners.
We may also disclose your information to third parties as reasonably required to protect or exercise our legal rights, to protect the rights and safety of any person (such as to legal representatives and law enforcement), as you expressly permit, and as required by law (such as the result of a court subpoena).
The privacy and security of your information is important to us, We follow industry best practices in securing your data to protect it from unauthorized access. Your information is encrypted and stored in HIPAA-compliant secure servers. Your information is password protected. You should not share your password with anyone.
We exercise all reasonable efforts to protect the confidentiality of your information. However, internet communications protected by industry standard security technology cannot be made absolutely secure. Therefore, we shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of confidential information due to no fault of ours including, but not limited to, errors in transmission and unauthorized acts of third parties.
We do not provide services or sell products to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from anyone under the age of 13.